Sunday, December 13, 2009

Being a Mommy

I want to look back and know exactly what being a mom to an almost two year old was like--its crazy how fast you forget each stage of their little lives because they change so quickly--although it doesn't always seem like it when you are in the midst of the "stage"!

Being a mommy to Saylor means that sometimes I open my Burt's Bees chapstick, only to find a thin layer of saliva because little miss independent put chapstick on all by herself.

Being a mommy means I have more iPhone apps for toddlers than I do for myself, truly.

Being a mommy means I have to go on a house wide search to find any kind of tupperwear or serving spoons because someone needed to feed their baby or monkey or bear.

Being a mommy means I do lots of silly dancing and singing, or pretty much anything to get a laugh from my girl.

Being a mommy means that I save my cookies or ice cream or cheetoh puffs for naptime or bedtime so I don't have to share!

Being a mommy means that I carry half of the grocery store around to make sure there are enough snacks to get us through any dilemma.

Being a mommy means helping to put the same diaper on the same bear over and over again because "bear poop" and "he stinky!"

Being a mommy means I get the BEST and most sincere hugs and kisses in the whole world!

Being a mommy means bouncing through the house doing 'horsey' twenty thousand times just to hear a sweet giggle.

Being a mommy means that I get to spend about 20 minutes treating all her clothes with SHOUT before I can even put them in the washing machine.

Being a mommy means that somedays I count down the minutes until bedtime, only to wish that I could go scoop her up from her bed and cuddle with her.

Being a mommy means I will never sleep the same, I'm convinced.

Being a mommy means I say "no" about three thousand times a day and I probably hear it in return about that many times.

Being a mommy means that I cry at the simplest of commercials.

Being a mommy means that the holidays are even more special.

Being a mommy means that most days I think my child is an absolute genius!

Being a mommy allows me to wake up to the sweetest sounds of singing and talking that I have ever heard. It is probably my favorite time of day.

Being a mommy means experiencing an unwavering love that I never knew existed before I knew her!
What a great adventure it is to be Saylor's mommy!

3 comments:

Renae said...

Love this!! How sweet!!! Don't you just love being a mom-I know I do!!

timmons said...

I love it...It's all so true and so precious...treasure every mintue they grow up to fast and become Mommy of their own...love ya lots Robin

Loretta said...

Love it..wow these times are the most precious and I am sure you will treasure them..it's a shame they grow so fast...I am proud of you...love you bunches Loretta