Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Great Wolf Lodge

Well.....I guess I'm gonna average about 1 blog post a month. I've written several posts in my head in the past few weeks, but have never actually gotten them typed out. So, instead of backtracking, I'm just going to post about our last few days.
This last weekend we headed to Grapevine to try out the Great Wolf Lodge--a hotel with a huge indoor water park, and tons of activities geared toward kids. Mas has been on vacation for the last week, but I worked a day in the middle of his days off so we couldn't really got on a very long trip. So we decided to head down the road a few hours. (I've actually wanted to go there for a long time because when we spent months in Fort Worth and Kansas City (they have one in Kansas City as well as several other locations)--I always saw commercials for The Great Wolf Lodge and I loved their little jingle on the commercials. I would get it stuck in my head and sing it for days. I was so excited when we got there and they were playing that song! I'm a geek!)

We had a wonderful time there--other than my poor hubby developing an abcessed tooth the second day we were there. He got to celebrate his last few days of his vacation with a root canal and swollen face. Saylor loved the "Great Woof Yodge"! She swam her little heart out and we will definitely be back!

2 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

We had plans to take our kids there this summer. We ended up ditching the plans for an adults only trip, but I still hope to take them soon. We worried about them being too young for it, but I am guessing that if Saylor loved it, they would too! I'm glad you got a trip in, even a short vacation is a good vacation!

Meme said...

That looks like great fun. Wow our little girl is really getting big. What at nice mini vacation. Maybe you can slip another in this summer. Love ya.