Thursday, May 27, 2010

Oh How He Loves Us

Saylor often tells me that she wants to be held by someone that isn't around us at the moment. For the most part, it's her daddy. She also tells me the same thing pretty often about her grandparents. For example, she will say "Mommy, I want Daddy to hold Sayer". I usually follow up with a "baby, when Daddy gets home from work, he would love to hold you" or "next time we see Yonna, she will hold you, okay", etc.

Last week we were driving and listening to some praise music. Saylor wasn't feeling it and wanted to me to play her VeggieTales CD that we got from a Chick-Fil-A kids meal, which we had listened to a BAJILLION times. I told her that we were just going to sing to Jesus for a little while. She listened to the music intently for a few minutes and then responded "Mommy, I want Jesus to hold Sayer".

Melt. My. Heart. But, how do you explain to a two year old that Jesus can't hold her in the way her little toddler mind literally defines 'hold'? How do you explain to her just how often He will hold her throughout her years?

This has been on my mind a lot lately. I love how my Savior ministers to me through the innocent thoughts of my sweet girl. I love how He holds me through my joys, dissappointments, and everything in between!

"Saylor, Jesus would LOVE to hold you! And I pray that you ALWAYS let Him!"

1 comment:

The Bonjour Four said...

Melt MY heart. Oh Sarah what a blessing. This post truly touched my heart. Thank you for sharing it.:)