Friday, February 13, 2009

Our Friday

Saylor Grace decided to stay up and hang out with us from midnight until 3 am last night and then got up ready to play at 7 (she's getting her third...yes only THIRD tooth at 13 months old)! So needless to say Mas and I were operating on 4 hours of sleep. Which...has been done plenty of times since this sweet girl joined our lives, but we had family pictures today. We both had the puffy-eyed, drowsy look going on today.
But, as the photographer was calling us back into the room we were going to take pictures, little-miss-I-can-walk, or make that run, all-by-myself fell and got herself a nice fat lip, RIGHT before the dang pictures! I had been careful all morning to avoid falls at all costs, because the past few months, since she started walking, she's had quite a few minor bumps and scrapes! (She definitely gets her gracefulness from her momma.)
So after drying the tears, and then the runny nose due to all of the crying, we made it through a whole round of pictures. I was actually pretty impressed with Saylor. I figured after her lip ordeal, we were done for. But she got over it fast and smiled her sweet, contagious smile! And you really couldn't see the swelling in her lip when she was smiling big, so it all worked out great! And we have a few pictures to tide the families over for a while!

On another note, I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day tomorrow. We really aren't doing anything special tomorrow, but my mom is coming on Sunday to watch Saylor so we can go out by ourselves and then she is staying a few days here with me to keep me company while Mas heads out of town AGAIN for work! I have the greatest mom ever and I'm SOOOO looking forward to spending some girl time with her for a few days! Happy Hearts Day XOXOX

1 comment:

Julia Soler said...

Hey! :-) Very cute new family picture!

And thanks for the sweet comment...I've been taking the time to really enjoy these last few days of being big and fat pregnant, lol...I'm so glad this is the last pregnancy, but I will really miss seeing my tummy jumping around all over the place and watching my baby kick, lol. Have a great week!!!