Monday, July 20, 2009

SPOON FED

I took Saylor to her eighteen month doctor's appointment today. She exceeds most of the developmental milestones....except for the spoon feeding. It takes her almost an hour to eat a cup of yogurt and I doubt that half of it gets in her mouth. This is so my fault! My OCD tendencies keep me from encouraging that she constantly practices with a spoon. But, from here on out, that is my new goal! Although, I really don't mind feeding her myself until she starts kindergarten. :) Anyways, she is still my big, tall girl measuring in at:
26.6 lbs=75th percentile
33 inches= 90th percentile
And she now has 12 teeth--four front top, four front bottom and four molars. It took her a while, but she is finally catching up!
She was such a good girl today during her appointment, she was all smiles the whole time, and didn't even cry (or even wimper) when she got two shots! I was so proud of her! Mostly because it makes my heart hurt when she cries from those shots--and I was ecstatic when it didn't hurt her!
Sure do love my curly-headed, brown eyed beauty!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Don't worry Saylor will catch on to the spoon soon enough. Spoons are over-rated anyway.

After Kim and Josh got teeth I did mainly finger foods but put a spoon next to them. Usually they would pick the food up and put it on the spoon and then attempt to get it to their mouth before it fell off. They had fun and it was quite entertaining.