Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

This past weekend we made our way to Midland, Texas to attend my cousin's wedding. We traveled about 1,000 miles in just 3 days. It was a little exhausting, but well worth the trip, and we we fit as many friends and family as we possibly could into that small little window of time.

We stopped in Amarillo to stay one of the nights. We saw my grandparents and our dearest friends Ross, Missy and their two boys Reid and Max. Saylor and Reid love each other so much and it just thrills me to watch them together. Seeing Ross and Missy makes me desperately miss Amarillo and all the fun our families used to have together. Maybe someday we will be reunited :)
(I know this picture is blurry, but I think it is just so cute of them yelling at the football game, holding hands.)


Saturday morning we headed through Lubbock to see Mas' sister, Angel (who is due to have our precious niece next week), brother-in-law Francois, and our sweet nephew Zach. We also got to see Mas' mom, Meme, which was a total surprise!

Sweet cousins
Saturday night we celebrated my cousin saying "I do". It was a beautiful wedding and it was so nice to see so many family members. We all had a great time and Saylor made herself at home on the dance floor during the reception. She kept telling me she wanted to dance with the pretty girl in the white dress. (I unfortunately don't have any pictures from the wedding--I'll post some after someone emails me what they have.)

Sunday morning we started the long, long drive home. Saylor did FANTASTIC!! Not a tear was shed, not a whine was heard the entire weekend in the car. I am so proud of my little traveler! Her attitude may have something to do with the awesome DVD players my very handy hubby installed in the headrests a few months ago, but whatever it takes....

2 comments:

Diane said...

I feel your pain with the traveling. Saylor sure is a cutie. Love the photo of her napping in the car seat.

Yonna said...

Yes, she was such a trooper that weekend, she and Ave charming everyone in Midland... love the pics of her with her best bud and with her cousin!