Sunday, September 28, 2008

MOMMA

Saylor has been saying "momma" all weekend!! I LOVE IT! Im really doubting that she is associating me with the word, I think it might just be a new combination of babbles she has added to her vocabulary, but Mas swears she knows what she is saying. She does seem to look just at me when she says it....regardless, it makes my heart swell a little! I cant help but smile when she says it :)
And speaking of mommas, I miss mine a lot today! I always miss her, she is my best friend (other than Mas), but today I really really miss her. More than anything, I wish she were here to enjoy Saylor more and watch her constantly growing and learning, I miss how much she laughs at my sweet angel, I miss our lunches together, I miss her hugs, and I miss knowing she is just right across town!
But thankfully we live in a time that everyone is just a phone call away, regardless of where you are, and pictures can be emailed with just a simple click....it makes this whole long distance thing a little easier. There is nothing better than a real live hug, but things could be a WHOLE LOT worse!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Saylor is so precious. Your mom has emails me photos occationally as any proud Grandma should. Good luck with your move.

Smith Family said...

It is tough to be away from Mom. When we first moved it was SO tough on me to get used to the fact that I can't just go to her house. It's still hard sometimes! It gets easier though. Hang in there and it's so great that she is a phone call away. Take care!

Sturgy Fam said...

Sarah,
I saw a link to your page on Julia's page. Saylor is a little cutie pie! Congratulations on the 'momma' :)How exciting!