Monday, September 22, 2008

Our busy week

Last week was FULL of fun, family and friends. We started off in Oklahoma City looking for houses...which wasn't as successful as we hoped, but we did decide on a house. It's not everything I had hoped for, which is frustrating, especially when you have to write a large check for a mortgage each month, but after lots of praying, we decided on one. Our first house was a year old when we moved into it. It was small and plain but it was NEW. The houses in our price range in Moore, Oklahoma were older...and definitely have different layouts and architecture than the newer houses, but hopefully with just a little work, we will make this one home! Im just not all about redoing everything in houses, it kinda stresses me out. Im a little OCD and home improvements are a little overwhelming for me. However....I am soooo beyond excited to finally call somewhere home and cannot wait to get settled!! Just a little less than a month away!


Then in Amarillo, we packed as much as possible into the little time that we had. We spent time with friends and family, we took Saylor to the doctor (more about that later), went to the fair with our great friends Ross, Missy and their son Reid, Saylor got her first haircut, I worked, I did lots of laundry at my parent's house (which is WAY better than a laundromat), ate at most of the places we have missed, hung out with grandparents, parents, and Kellen, Tana, and Averey (who I miss the most) etc, etc. It was so busy and we are so tired, and Saylor's sleep schedule is now TOTALLY off, but it was absolutely FANTASTIC! Here are a few pictures of Saylor's haircut, and a few of her playing:






Before:



During:





3 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

I was thinking about you earlier today and wondering if you found a house. I'm sure you will have it looking stellar very quickly. It is hard going from a new home to an old one though, I can attest to that. Character...that is what I call all of the oddities and quirks...character!
So glad you had fun with your family; it seems to have come at just the perfect time for you.

Julia Soler said...

Saylor is such a cutie!!! I love her little grin :-) Good luck with the house...I feel for ya on the old house issue...we are always trying to better ours...but, it seems the more work you put into it, the more you fall in love with it. So, best of luck and have fun! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love Saylor's "new hair". I can also see yours in one of the shots. So cute. Can't wait to see you this weekend.