Thursday, December 18, 2008

All the women who are independent....throw your hands up at me

....not really!
Independence is definitely a fault of mine sometimes and a topic of many discussions in our marriage.
I am independent, I want to be in control, I dont want to rely on anyone, because I can do it myself! I struggle with this so much. I need to submit to and depend on my husband and I sort of cringe at the idea of that. Part of it is just my personality, the other is probably how I was raised. My mom is a very strong, independent (and absolutely wonderful) woman....and had to be, because my dad was gone a lot due to work. But regardless of where it came from, I struggle.
For example, since our move, I haven't worked. And I hate not having "my own" money. But why is this an issue at all? My money became our money they day we said our vows and became one before God. I know this, but I struggle.
Thankfully, I have an amazing husband that wants nothing more than to provide for his family, lead his family, and protect his family. And thankfully he loves me AND my independence. I am blessed with an honorable man that I SHOULD submit to. But I still struggle.

1 comment:

Renae said...

I love this post, for my own personal reasons (smile).