Sunday, August 9, 2009

POO

I've been bored with my blog lately, and I'm sure if I'm bored, everyone else reading is even more so.....so I was just going to hop on and post a cute pic that I got from Erin. But then I remembered a very exciting thing that happened today that I thought I should probably document. Don't get too excited yet, it's really not anything that impressive--unless of course, you are a mom of an eighteen month old.

Saylor has been telling me for a while now when she needs to poop, and so the past couple of days when she tells me I ask her if she wants to go sit on the potty. The past two days, she would run happily into the bathroom, sit on the potty, giggle and then say "all done". I would put her diaper back on and she would poop. I am really not "potty training" her yet. She is not ready, and I'm not going to rush it (she still doesn't recognize the sensation to pee). I just want her to be comfortable with the whole process of sitting on the potty. But today before her nap she told me she needed to poop and so she went and sat on the potty and she tee-teed!! I was shocked and excited and she, on the other hand, just turned around and wanted to touch it! I will spare you the picture that I took of the pee in the potty so her daddy could see her big accomplishment today, since he was at work. I know he was thrilled when he got that email!

My baby is getting so big! I just love her more and more every day! I know I say that all the time, but I could just eat her up some days!

Anyways, that was our excitement for the day. I will leave you with a sweet picture of Erin's dog, Olive and Saylor. Saylor and the tiny pup were big buds, Saylor would wake up from her naps while we were there and ask for Olive. Saylor was bound and determined to get in the "poo". It was actually raining off an on, but she didn't mind, so we stripped her down and she splashed around in her diaper with her little friend keeping an eye on things.

1 comment:

Renae said...

Well that is very exciting new :) One parent speaking to the next. These darn kiddos grow up so fast. I remember those days trying to train my 6 yr old, I'm not looking forward to it with my baby- mainly because I just want her to stay a baby for as long as possiable(ha)