Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just a puddle

At a beautiful 16-months old:

~Your smile and your laugh and your dimple just like your daddy's makes me melt.

~Your eyes make me melt.

~The way you stop everything and dance to any and every song you hear, no matter the time or place, makes me melt.

~When you are right out of the bath and wearing your footie pajamas, you make me melt. (You are about to outgrow footie pajamas. What am I going to do?)

~Your smell makes me melt--especially your breath. I know that's weird and Daddy makes fun of me for that, but I have loved the smell of your breath since you were born.

~The way you sleep with your little tush in the air makes me melt. Every night when I go in to check on you, I want to pick you up and cuddle with you--you are just too sweet when you sleep.

~The way you hug, kiss and pat your stuffed animals makes me melt. You are already a little nurturer.

~The way you kiss now with your mouth closed and give me really tight hugs makes me melt.

~Your little voice makes me melt, especially when you say "bubbles"and "apple", oh and of course "mama", well the list could go on and on here, but your voice is irresistable.

~The way you put on my necklaces and stand in front of the mirror to admire yourself makes me melt.

~All the animal noises that you immitate make me melt.

~The way you so enthusiastically give us high fives and then go to Samson and slap his paw and say "high pi" because you always want to include him, makes me melt.

~When we are taking walks or playing outside, you wave and say "bye bye" to every single car that passes and that makes me melt.

~The way you love your Dada and ask for him as soon as you wake up in the morning makes me melt.

~When you grab a book and climb into my lap so I will read to you, I just melt.

Saylor Grace, you melt my heart and I love your sweet, gentle and fiesty personality!

5 comments:

The Bonjour Four said...

Absolutely precious! I love when Noah puts his little bottom up in the air when he sleeps too. I love reading your blog!

Sturgy Fam said...

I love this post:) I can not wait until I have a little baby to cuddle with too!

Julia Soler said...

How sweet!!!

Yonna said...

very well said - now i'm just a puddle, too...
love you all
mom

timmons said...

Sweet Baby girl...what a sweet Mom she has...love ya God Bless you all Robin