Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!
I'm blessed to have lots of great moms to look up to. Thanks Grandma, Grannie, Loretta (my mother-in-law), etc., etc.

But most of all, thanks, Mom for all that you have done for us over the years--the sacrifices you made, the booboos you kissed and bandaged, the stories you read, the baseballs/softballs you threw and caught, the lunches you made (especially the ones that had napkins with notes or smiley faces on them--those were the best), the endless mounds of laundry you washed, EVERY SINGLE sporting event you wouldn't dare miss, all the girl scout/boy scout/baseball/church fundraisers you helped us sell, the tuition you paid, the long chats, long hugs, long pep talks, long lunches, and even longer patience....the list could truly go on and on. (I know I'm missing a whole lot but I do need to go to bed sometime!)
Thanks for loving me unconditionally--I now really know what that means--or wait, maybe I won't know true unconditional love until we make it through the teenage years, right ;)
Anyways, I love you and am so very thankful for such a great Mom and Yonna!


This day is also very special to me, other than the obvious reason, of course.
Two years ago on Mother's Day, I took my first pregnancy test, and we learned that we would soon be parents to a precious angel. We got to surprise our moms with news that they were going to be grandma's (again). It was a wonderful and surreal Mother's Day for me and our families. How little we knew on that day what great joy would lie ahead!

I am so thankful I get to be Saylor's momma. It has been an amazingly rewarding, fulfilling, and joyous experience! (And sometimes trying and exhausting, but a wonderful blessing nonetheless!)

Wow, where we would be without our Momma's?

No comments: