Sunday, November 23, 2008

Out of Commission

On Friday night we went and ran a few errands, came home and discovered the cable was out! I was trying to remain calm--I had waited all week to watch the Tech vs OU game on Saturday. My very sweet and understanding husband spent quite a bit of time outside in the freezing cold checking out the cable with a flashlight to make sure that Samson didn't decide to make a snack out of the wires. He called Cox, who went through the whole troubleshooting mess without any success and then said the soonest they could get anyone out to fix it would be Sunday. UGGGH!!
Then Saturday morning, Mas got up bright and early to check out the cable in the daylight. Still no answers, so he called Cox again just in case to see if they had had any cancellations--and they HAD!! YAY! Our cable was fixed by noon and I was so thankful!
Now I am wondering if I would have been better off missing the game. It was pitiful and embarassing! My cable was fixed but my team is what needed some work!! And I have to live here amongst all these OU fans. They are everywhere! Our neighbors have like a 16ft flagpole with a huge OU flag! I miss Texas!
On a happier note--we leave Tuesday night for Amarillo for Thanksgiving! Im so pumped to see family and friends and eat my weight in Thanksgiving food! Last year I had full intentions on eating disgusting amounts of food because I was big and pregnant and got to wear elastic waist pants. But because my little munchkin was crowding every organ--including my stomach, I didn't really achieve that goal. I will make up for it this year!!

2 comments:

Smith Family said...

Know where you're coming from...since we live in Colorado we are SURROUNDED with Bronco fans. We hate the Broncos. Our team is not really anything better but oh well..GO CHARGERS. I am ready to see family as well, we leave Wednesday morning. Have a safe drive!!

The Ham Family said...

Sorry your Red Raiders lost - even this Aggie mom was supporting them to win. If you have a free minute while you are here, give us a call. Both girls and their hubbys will be here.
Gay