Sunday, March 29, 2009

Simple Sundays

It really is the little things...

We had a great Sunday! Mas got to go to church with us for the first time in a month! He stayed home with Saylor when she was sick about a month ago and has worked the past three Sundays, so it was great to be there as a family again.

Saylor Grace did OUTSTANDING in the nursery at church today. Just a little cry and a few whimpers when I dropped her off and then she was done, which is a complete turnaround from a few weeks ago when I was summoned to come get my child after she had cried non-stop for 40 minutes, ugh! She just likes to be with her momma!

We went out to eat with our friends after church. I really look forward all week to seeing my friends on Sundays! Again, Jessica, we are so thankful you guys are here!

We ALL laid down to take a nap this afternoon. Saylor woke up after only thirty minutes so I brought her into our room and she actually fell back asleep on me, which she hasn't done in a long time. I would be completely content with that baby sleeping on my chest for hours upon hours. Our snuggle time in itself made my day! I love that she is such a big girl now and sleeps so well in her crib, but I miss the many hours of holding that sleeping angel. And after I had stared at her for a while, I read my emails, checked out facebook, etc. on my trusty iPhone (all the while kicking Mas every few minutes to keep him from snoring too loud and waking up the munchkin) . Thanks, Mas for talking me into getting that rediculous phone that I thought I would never use :) Finally, after almost a year, I might be using it to its "full potential" as my geek of a husband would say.

We rearranged Saylor's room, only to rearrange it back about 5 minutes later. I just can't get it how I want it.

And then Mas and I watched The Office together that we had recorded from Thursday. We love The Office--it is one of the few shows that we both agree is funny.

What a fantastic day! I love having Mas home. I don't understand why he has to have a stinkin' job--we would have so much more fun if he could just hang out with us every day!

Hope your Sunday was filled with those special little things as well.


***And after my last post, I realized that I probably sounded slightly crazy with the whole washing the stuffed animal thing. I am a little crazy. Stuffed animals, and basically any toy that isn't completely encased in plastic, grosses me out and gets completely sanitized before it touches Saylor's little fingers. BUT, she is not clean and germ-free by any means. She is completely oblivious to my germaphobic mania and attempts to put her mouth on every restaurant table, cart handle, high chair strap, library book, etc. I just do the best I can, and believe it or not, I am getting better! I really believe being a nurse made me this crazy and compulsive. It's definitely a personality flaw. I have issues.
And thankfully, two years ago my washing machine broke and I got a cherry red LG front load washing machine! It is my best friend somedays--like the days that stuffed animals need to be washed. It gets them clean without ruining them! Everyone should have one, seriously, one of our best investments.***

1 comment:

Erin said...

That's what she said! Love you
!