Sunday, March 22, 2009

Some of God's Greatest Gifts...

Are unanswered prayers! (I used to be slightly in love with Garth Brooks--so that is the first title that came to mind)

After talking with Mas, my mom, and some friends this week (sometimes I have to speak things out loud to put it all in perspective) I realize now, once again, that this is true. Sometimes the Lord gives you exactly what you didn't know you needed. Nine months ago when we were leaving our home, I was questioning everything that was going on in our lives. Why was I having to leave my dream job as a L&D nurse? Why were we having hop from hotel to hotel for five months? Why were we relocating away from our family and friends? Why were we dragging our precious baby through all of this? It didn't seem fair, and you better believe I went kicking and screaming!
But now, I'm thankful that because of that move, I get to do exactly what I DIDN'T want--stay home with my little princess. I really never envisioned being a stay at home mom. Really. But now I'm so grateful for the PRECIOUS time I have had with Saylor. I will always be able to get a job, but I will never get this time back. It's exactly what I needed. Thank you, Lord, for unanswered prayers!


~And thank you, Mas for being super supportive and patient during all that kicking and screaming :) Thanks for encouraging me to stay home with our sweet girl--I'm having the time of my life with her! God knew just what he was doing when he sent me you, too!~

I'm blessed beyond measure

3 comments:

The Bonjour Four said...

can't go into great detail yet but your post was exactly what I needed. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Erin said...

Aw. That brought a tear to my eye! Such a great song too!

Julia Soler said...

I'm so happy for you! I think being a stay at home mommy is the best...I am so glad I have been able to stay with all of my babies. Enjoy!!!