Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Daddy's little girl

So, my precious angel that used to LOVE, and I mean LOVE her Momma, is now officially a Daddy's girl. It's actually been very official for about a month now. She wants him to change her diaper, read her a story, sing to her before bed (really can't blame her there--he sings WAY better), pick her up, hold her hand....just about everything, she would rather Daddy do.

He is working nights right now and as soon as I go get her in the morning she starts asking for "dada". Then she knocks on the bedroom door and says "hi dada". (Thankfully he wears earplugs). Poor baby asks for him all day! And as soon as he wakes up, she is finished with me for the day.

Really makes me happy--I love the bond they share and that they love each other so much! And he is pretty fun, I do have to agree. But, kinda makes me sad--I love this child with every ounce of me and everything I do, I do for her. Not to mention, I'm the one that makes the food, gives the baths, washes the clothes, and deals with FITS! My entire day revolves around this cute little person and she could CARE LESS!
She's gone to the dark side....literally! HA!
She'll be back and I'll be her favorite person again someday!

5 comments:

la.leche said...

She'll come around,...she will :D

But in the meantime, let daddy enjoy the attention while it lasts!

Ingram Gang said...

Okay, the dark side comment made me laugh hard. In fact, I had to re-read it to make sure that my eyes didn't deceive me. :)

It happens. Enjoy the break :) that's what I say. It's something about those girls. Kayt is the same. She is ALL about her DADEEEEEEEE!

Diane said...

The photos are precious.

Kimberly was about that same age when she couldn't get enough of her Daddy. Of course she is still a Daddy's girl but aren't we all.

Heard Kellen and Tana were going to be living close by. I'll bet you are looking forward to it.

Spawns of Seaton said...

First of all, she is so cute and getting so big!!! Second, I sometimes WISH Kennedy would "allow" Cody to take over sometimes. But I can see that it may be a little hard to see her go completely, as you said...to the dark side. HA HA your so Funny!!!!

Anonymous said...

These are the best days for young parents, I only wish she could stay little a bit longer since I am missing so much of her baby days. I really enjoy reading and viewing our little one as well as mom and dad. Many blessings to you each day. Love, Loretta (NaNa)